Valentines is usually the perfect opportunity to get dressed up and dine out with your loved one. This year, Mayfair & Belgravia’s restaurants have been busy creating menus and meal kits to make sure this Valentine’s is just as special as past years.
- Start the morning off right with Belgravia’s Breakfast in Bed by The Berkeley. Wake up to your own little parcel of joy – with freshly-baked pastries and rise-and-shine juices, yoghurt and granola laden with berries, vibrant fruit salad, and the piece de resistance – heart shaped brioche French toast, dipped in Madagascan vanilla butter with fruit, berry coulis, maple syrup and clotted cream. Add a bottle or two of Laurent Perrier champagne for a mimosa moment. McQueens Flowers have created two beautiful bouquets for The Berkeley, which can be added to your order for the ultimate morning. For our neighbours in SW1X, your breakfast will be hand delivered by the team on a Berkeley Bicycle. All of your favourite things will arrive in brown paper packages tied up with string, complete with personalised tags and a copy of The Times.
- The Connaught, in Mayfair, have been busy creating Valentine’s specials at both The Connaught Patisserie and the Jean-Georges. The Patesserie team have been busy whipping up romantic confections for the week of Valentine’s. The star of the show is a glossy, picture-perfect dark chocolate mousse, raspberry and chocolate sponge cake, topped with raspberries, flecks of gold and chocolate hearts. The hearts can be personalised with initials. Jean-Georges at The Connaught is transforming its bestselling pizzas – spinach and herb, tomato and mozzarella, and the iconic truffle – for the week, making them heart shaped for special Valentine’s suppers. Boxed in Jean Jullien cartooned boxes, these pizzas are available for delivery and collection and start from £15.
- What better way to mark Valentine’s, than with the Mayfair iconic Claridge’s afternoon tea? Lovingly made finger sandwiches, scones, and of course, cakes, all boxed, ribboned and whizzed round town to bring a little magic to London homes. Rhubarb and vanilla Religieuse, quince and apple streusel tart, passion fruit cheesecake and Valrhona dark chocolate brownie are all on the menu, and as a special gift, the afternoon tea is complete with a tin of Claridge’s blend tea and clotted cream fudge.
- Experience Mayfair’s Burger & Lobster from home with their Lobster Roll and Original Burger DIY kits. Get fresh restaurant produce delivered straight to your door alongside all the trimmings and recipe cards for you to cook food to perfection at home. Become a master of your own kitchen with their step-by-step video tutorials that will guide you through getting the best out of your Burger & Lobster kit.
- Embrace staying at home and order in a romantic meal for two from your favourite pub – The Thomas Cubitt. Belgravia’s renowned pub has created the perfect Valentine’s Day meal kit for two, with everything you need for the perfect night in with a 2-course feast to cook at home together, hassle free. All ingredients are pre-prepared by the Cubbitt’s chefs for you to add the finishing touches, including a guide to cooking the perfect steak from their Head Chef. The Cubitt offers a Cote De Boeuf Meal Kit and Veggie Meal Kit for two.
- Tom Aikens’ newly credited Michelin Star restaurant, Muse, in Belgravia have partnered with ‘Finish & Feast’ to bring you the restaurant at home dining experience – Musette. Where you’ll discover two seasonal menus of exquisite contemporary and classic dishes, from the simple to the sublime, designed to be finished and savoured in the comfort of your own home. Musette offers its diners a 3 course Marvellous Makeaway and a 2 course Sumptuous Sharing menu. Just add the finishing touches, along with a little of your own culinary flair
- For an at-home pampering experience Eccleston Yards’ Wild by Tart have created a Valentine’s hamper featuring both foodie and self-care delights. This beautifully wrapped box includes a bottle of 47 Ad Prosecco Frizzante, two star engraved glasses from their Wild Store, a Yolke silk eye mask, and two ‘Love is in the air’ Heather Evelyn candles. To appeal to those with a sweet tooth, there are Tart’s white chocolate, cardamom, and raspberry truffles.
- To help lovebirds celebrate, French restaurant La Poule au Pot in Belgravia has put together a special Saint Valentin menu, which diners can order for takeaway or delivery (within a 2.5 miles radius from the restaurant) via the platform Supper London. Diners will be able to choose from a variety of French classics, such as escargots (snails), coquilles Saint-Jacques (pan fried scallops in garlic butter), magret de canard (duck breast in a honey and lime sauce), Selle de gigot d’agneau (rump of lamb with garlic butter), Crème brûlée and mousse au chocolat – because nothing says love like sharing some rich, decadent chocolate!