Mother’s Day afternoon teas in Belgravia
- Prepare to be wowed by The Lanesborough’s new Meadow Afternoon Tea is inspired by the floras of the Royal Parks that surround the hotel. The afternoon tea includes finger sandwiches stuffed with egg and cress, and salmon and horseradish, followed by nature-inspired pastries, including the Meadow Slice Cheesecake; the White Chocolate and Honey Bee; and the Dark Chocolate and Jasmine Fudge Cake. The afternoon tea costs £68 per person, or £82 per person with the elderflower and jasmine daisy cocktail or mocktail, or £85 per person with a glass of champagne.
2. After a spot of retail therapy in Belgravia’s independent boutiques, sink your teeth into The Berkeley’s famous catwalk-inspired afternoon tea. The autumn and winter season’s Prêt-à-Portea afternoon tea features seven designers on its ‘cakewalk’, including Prada, Ralph Lauren, Christopher Kane, Jean Paul Gaultier, Dolce & Gabbana, Self-Portrait and Harris Reed. The Mother’s Day Prêt-à-Portea will be served on 18 and 19 March and costs from £92 per person. The Mother’s Day afternoon tea includes the usual fashion-inspired delicacies, as well as seasonal treats and your choice of a glass of champagne or a seasonal mocktail.
3. Tuck into a Spring-inspired Mother’s Day Afternoon Tea at Biscuiteers, available from 24 February. Start with delicate finger sandwiches and brioche buns filled with wild Scottish smoked salmon, honey roasted ham and Lincolnshire poacher cheese. Indulge in traditional patisserie classics with a twist, including a coconut and mango mousse cake, chocolate and hazelnut praline bar, and raspberry and pistachio choux. Complete the experience with Biscuiteers’ famous hand-iced biscuits, a Mother’s Day macaron, and warm scones served with homemade raspberry and rose jam, and Cornish clotted cream. Wash it all down with Biscuiteers’ bespoke blend of Tregothnan tea. The Mother’s Day afternoon tea costs from £48 per person, £55.50 per person with a glass of prosecco or £68 with a DIY Icing Experience. Book the afternoon tea.
4. London’s prettiest pink cafe Peggy Porschen is expected to pull out all the stops for Mother’s Day with an afternoon tea featuring sandwiches, cupcakes, biscuits, cakes and cookies. Tuck into this delicious afternoon tea at the cafe and then buy a box of cupcakes to enjoy at home.
5. See our roundup of Belgravia’s best Mother’s Day afternoon teas.
Mother’s Day gifts
6. See our gift guide for Mother’s Day featuring our top picks from Belgravia’s one-off boutiques.
7. Find the perfect floral gift for Mother’s Day at one of Belgravia’s best florists.
8. Gift cake-loving mums with a sweet treat from The Hummingbird Bakery. Choose from a Mother’s Day Red Velvet Cake, a Caramel Biscuit Cheesecake or the Mini Cupcake Selection Box. Go the extra mile by asking for the cakes to be personalised. Cakes can be pre-ordered now for collection between 13 and 19 March.
Mother’s Day experiences in Belgravia
9. Head to art studio MasterPeace in Eccleston Yards to get creative with a candle making workshop or enjoy a spring-inspired ‘Lavender Fields’ painting class led by a professional artist instructor. 18 March, 2023.
10. Enjoy a two-hour biscuit icing class at Biscuiteers also in Eccleston Yards.
Mother’s Day restaurants in Belgravia
11. Book breakfast, brunch or lunch at rustic-chic dining spot The Buttery which can be found in the heart of Belgravia and boasts a fabulous country garden. Part of the Lime Tree Hotel, The Buttery offers breakfasts, brunch favourites, lunches, savoury treats and homemade cakes.
12. La Poule au Pot, a Belgravia institution, is filled with candlelit tables, and festoons of dried flowers and bric-à-brac, making for an intimate, quintessentially French atmosphere that matches the classically French menu. Book your table here.
13. Celebrate Mother’s Day in cosy surrounds at one of these handsome Cubitt House pubs: The Alfred Tennyson, The Thomas Cubitt and The Orange. When you pre-book your Mother’s Day lunch or dinner at one of the Cubitt House pubs, select the Mother’s Day “experience” on the website and on arrival, your mum will receive a complimentary Hayman’s London Light G&T, plus a small token gift to take away. This offer is available for dining parties only.
14. For a sunny slice of the Med, book a meal for Mother’s Day at Mina’s where you can expect dreamy interiors: think pink banquet seating, wicker chairs and lashings of lush greenery. Dishes are made for sharing, with highlights including creamy Italian burrata, Greek-style chicken wings and crispy courgette fries. There’s also a wide choice of tempting cocktails to choose from.
15. Enjoy a relaxed meal for Mother’s Day at Wild by Tart, one of Belgravia’s stylish neighbourhood restaurants in leafy Eccleston Yards, with a menu showcasing sustainable and seasonal fare. The restaurant specialises in dishes cooked on charcoal grills and wood ovens – using locally sourced ingredients, much of which come from the owners’ farms in Somerset and Northumberland.
16. Visit drinking and dining destination Pantechnicon on Motcomb Street to treat your mum to a special Mother’s Day lunch at the leafy Roof Garden or lunch at chic Japanese restaurant Sachi. Book a table.
17. Mark Mother’s Day with fine dining fare in relaxed surrounds at the Ganymede bar and restaurant in Belgravia. Named after the largest Moon of Jupiter, this restaurant’s cosy dining room is decked out with mirrors, banquettes and wood panelling, the perfect spot to indulge your mum on Mother’s Day.
18. Mums will be treated to a free glass of bubbles on Mother’s Day at The Jones Family Kitchen in Eccleston Yards. The free glass of bubbles will be given to every mother to accompany the restaurant’s famous Sunday roast. Other menu highlights include the dry-aged juicy steak sourced from The Ginger Pig and cooked to perfection on their Josper grill. The restaurant also offers fresh fish caught and brought up from day boats in Cornwall, as well as several vegetarian and vegan dishes. Booking a table in advance is essential.
19. See our full guide to Belgravia’s best Mother’s Day restaurants.
Mother’s Day hotel breaks
20. Stay on the doorstep of Hyde Park by booking a stay at the five-star Lanesborough hotel, home to a luxury spa and The Lanesborough Grill where you can enjoy British fare in a sumptuous setting.
21. Discover luxury rooms and a catwalk-inspired afternoon tea when you book a stay at The Berkeley hotel.
22. Enjoy a short stay at upscale boutique hotel The Jumereih Lowndes where star attractions include its contemporary rooms and a restaurant with alfresco dining.
23. Book a stay at boutique bolthole The Lime Tree Hotel in the heart of Belgravia.