When the sun makes an appearance, there’s nothing better than enjoying a light lunch or romantic dinner outside in the summer air. Here are some of our favourite places to do so.
1. Book a terrace table at Michelin-starred restaurant Pétrus by Gordon Ramsay.
The Buttery at the Lime Tree Hotel
2. Escape the bustle by tucking into breakfast, brunch or lunch in rustic-chic restaurant The Buttery‘s country-style garden, a peaceful oasis dotted with comfy sofas and deckchairs, shady spots and pretty parasols.
3. If you’re visiting London design hub Pimlico Road, grab a bite to eat outside cosy French bistro La Poule au Pot or sink your teeth into a healthy salad outside cafe-deli Daylesford Organic.
4. Tuck into Sardinian dishes at Olivo on Eccleston Street near Victoria station.
The Garden Terrace at The Hari Hotel
5. Treat yourself to a lazy lunch or afternoon aperitivo at The Garden Terrace at The Hari Hotel.
The Fine Cheese Company
6. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and weekend brunch on the outdoor terrace of The Fine Cheese Company on Halkin Gardens. Between meals, the cafe also offers cheese and charcuterie boards, as well as pastries, cakes and coffee.
The Thomas Cubitt
7. Grab a bite to eat on The Thomas Cubitt‘s suntrap terrace.
8. Head to leafy Eccleston Yards near Victoria station, which is buzzing with alfresco dining spots. Tuck into a juicy steak on the pretty terrace of Jones Family Kitchen or treat yourself to Latin American fare and creative cocktails at all-day restaurant Morena.
9. Enjoy food and cocktails on the pretty terrace of Motcombs restaurant on pedestrianised Motcomb Street in Belgravia.